This option specifies the distance beween itemization items, specifically between the last character of one and the bullet/number of the next item.
- no distance between items
- half the value of a normal space, can be stretched by half of a em
- normal space distance, can be stretched by 1em
- 1em, can be stretched or shrinked by a space width
- e.g. 3pt plus 2pt minus 1pt
The standard distance is big, which makes the space quite inflexible, so you are encouraged to use medium to avoid “overfull \hbox”-warnings.
\starttext There are several other important differences between human beings and animals that you should know about, e. g. \startitemize[text][textdistance=medium] \item Humans can create advanced tools, \item have insufficient means of defense without them, \item and are generally miserably adaped to anything, \stopitemize so they don’t prefer any home to another. \stoptext