Difference between revisions of "User talk:Taco"
(→newbie question: new section)
(to Sciurus: of course, great you are willing to help)
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
Revision as of 07:22, 16 October 2020
Todo for xml interface 'ConTeXtXML' extension:
- (maybe) export to 100% correct xml, expanding wikicodes also, and fixing CDATA
- ongoing from then on: existing page merging (jikes!)
- combine the current 'context' extension with the new 'ConTeXtXML' extension
- add a ‘first documented on’ attribute to cd:command
Problems that remain unfixed for now:
- the "redirected from ..." message is not displayed. I seem unable to make it reappear in 1.34 because of the CmdPage inheriting from WikiPage but the redirect creating a hardcoded WikiPage object. I will retry when MW 1.35 is officially released.
Todo for sourcebrowser:
- Search option to search only file names
- Fix scroll for navigation pane
- Add a 'search context' (stay in current file while doing a followup)
- Add a link back to top of page that always stays in view
- (maybe) rewrite/extend scite lexers and/or put the indices in the ConTeXt distribution ?
I am a long-time LaTeX user, and I have been learning ConTeXt over the past several months. As I figure things out about ConTeXt, I am happy to edit the Wiki to help others figure them out too.
I thought a good place to start editing the Wiki would be on the pages explaining how to write a My Way article. (Both https://wiki.contextgarden.net/This_Way_-_My_Way#MyWay and https://wiki.contextgarden.net/How_to_make_a_MyWay.) By looking at the source code for a recent This Way article by Hans Hagen, I have come to the conclusion that setting up a My Way article is much simpler than what is currently described on the Wiki. (And what is described on the Wiki, as far as I can tell, doesn't work.) I'd be happy to edit the Wiki article on writing My Way articles, but since this is my first time editing the Wiki, I'd like it if someone could check that I haven't done something horribly wrong (either by saying something incorrect, or deleting something that needed to be kept, etc.).
If I make some changes to the "How to write a My Way article" pages, would you or one of the administrators be willing to look at the changes and let me know if I am doing things right?
I'm new, but I can learn. I really like ConTeXt and would be happy to help continue to improve its documentation as I become more familiar with it.