Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Using graphics
- insert image, apply transformations, and advanced stuff.
- Floating objects
- to place and number floating objects like figures, tables, paragraphs, etc.
- adjusted images placement in rows and columns
Build your graphics
- the graphical programming language
- MetaFun - MetaPost in ConTeXt
- ConTeXt graphical programming language, extension of MetaPost.
- Sharing graphics
- Export MetaPost drawings as PDF, import MetaPost drawings into MS Office, LibreOffice, etc.
- The New (2020) graph module
- with its dedicated manual "Drawing Statistical Charts" and a short presentation.
- The basic graph module
- Data plotting module, and some alternatives: TikZ (2016), Gnuplot (2012), Pgfplot (2009).
- Flow Charts
- Scaling Rotating Mirroring Clipping
- Old Content (2010)
- Gantt charts
Layers and stacks
- ConTeXt's mechanism for absolute positioning and advanced techniques like background / foreground, switch on / off.
- ConTeXt's mechanism to stack local snippets.
Specific topics and examples
- Including pages from PDF documents
- Image database with XML
- Image size for their placement: if you’re using ConTeXt for complex layout tasks, you may need to calculate with image sizes. Often it makes sense to use Lua functions.
- Code to play with for Drop shadows
- Example photo page layout (Old Content)
- Speech bubble