Improving the manuals
ConTeXt, an excursion
There are several translations underway (Chinese, French, Vietnamese) for ConTeXt, an excursion, as well as several completed translations (Czech, Dutch, English). To start a new translation, follow these instructions. First, the preliminaries:
- follow the instructions above to make a non-anonymous checkout of the source.
- Choose an abbreviation LANG for your language (e.g.
Next, make your own language's files based on the English files.
- Create a subdirectory LANG.
- Copy all English files here:
cp en/* LANG/.
- In the file names, change any
ensegments to LANG.
Prepare the Makefile, so that anyone can compile your translation in a single step.
- Open the Makefile. Add your own language alongside the existing languages — a simple copy-and-modify strategy should get you there.
Then it is time to start working on the translation.
- Comment each paragraph, and add your translation below it.
When you are done, post a message to the mailing list announcing your finished translation. It will be made available in the official download locations.